Terms and Conditions
- All drivers must be at least 21 years old and in possession of a valid driving licence for at least one year.
- Drivers under 25 or who have held a licence for between 1 and 4 years must pay 4€ extra per day, up to a maximum of 48€ per rental.
- Payment conditions:
- Credit card: VISA and MasterCard.
- We do not accept Diners Club, American Express, Postepay or cash.
- The credit card must be in the name of the main driver on the contract.
- We accept debit cards but the client must purchase the Super Relax insurance.
The payment will be done in our office in the airport or down town in our branch office.
You can pay by credit card Visa, Mastercard, EC-Karte and debit cards (if customers purchase the Relax Insurance).
- Our price includes:
- V.A.T. and local taxes.
- Unlimited mileage.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance without excess, car passenger insurance and theft cover. For reservations in Ibiza, Menorca, Bilbao and Barcelona there is an excess against damages to the rental vehicle caused by accident or theft. The excess varies according to the category of vehicle:
Ibiza and Menorca Excess Bilbao Excess Barcelona Excess Groups AA, BB, CC, R, S, X: 600 € Groups AA, CC, R: 650 € Groups AA, BB, CC, R, S: 650 € Groups D, DD, E, F, FF, L, LL: 700 € Groups D, DD, E, L, F: 850 € Groups D, DD, E, L, F: 850 € Groups G, I, J: 1.000 € Groups G, I, J: 1.000 € Group K: 1.200 € Group K: 1.300 € Groups P, PP: 1.700 €Relax Insurance
The cost of the Relax Insurance is:
Car Groups Insurance prices AA/BB/CC/R/S/X FROM 1 TO 6 DAYS: 35€
FROM 7 TO 28 DAYS: 6€ PER DAY WITH A MAXIMUM OF 72€
FROM 29 DAYS ON: 100€
D/DD/E/F/FF/L/LL FROM 1 TO 6 DAYS 40
FROM 7 TO 28 DAYS: 7€ PER DAY WITH A MAXIMUM OF 84€
FROM 29 DAYS ON: 110€
I/J/K/G/P/PP FROM 1 TO 6 DAYS: 47€
FROM 7 TO 28 DAYS: 8€ PER DAY WITH A MAXIMUM OF 96€
FROM 29 DAYS ON: 120€
Car Groups Insurance prices AA/BB/CC/R/S/X FROM 1 DAY TO 3 DAYS: 40€
FROM 4 DAYS TO 6 DAYS: 60€
FROM 7 DAYS TO 10 DAYS: 100€
11 DAYS: 110€
12 DAYS: 120€
13 DAYS: 130€
FROM 14 DAYS ONWARDS: 140€
D/DD/E/F/FF/L/LL FROM 1 TO 3 DAYS: 45€
FROM 4 TO 6 DAYS: 65€
FROM 7 TO 10 DAYS: 105€
11 DAYS: 115€
12 DAYS:: 125€
13 DAYS: 135€
FROM 14 DAYS ON: 145€
I/J/K/G/P/PP FROM 1 TO 3 DAYS: 50€
FROM 4 TO 6 DAYS: 70€
FROM 7 TO 10 DAYS: 110€
11 DAYS: 120€
12 DAYS: 130€
13 DAYS: 140€
FROM 14 DAYS ON: 150€
Purchasing this insurance the CDW Excess Amount is waived and we cover also the following: FREE 24 hours Telephone Roadside Assistance, Wheels, Tires, Hubcaps, Locks, Windows, Side and Rear-view Mirrors, Undercarriage, Motor, Towing service after accident, Taxi (transportation), Clutch, Battery, Locks, Copy of the key and delivery of the key to closest Goldcar office, Damage to oil sump, Catalytic convertor, Radiator and Exempt of 500€ deposit for replacement vehicle in case of accident or breakdown and the Repair Period.
It is possible to reduce the excess to zero by taking out a special extra insurance. Customers who do not wish to take out this insurance must pay the excess.
- Our price does not include:
- Additional drivers, 4€ per day, per driver up to a maximum of 48€ per driver per contract. Maximum of 3 additional drivers per contract.
- Baby Seat, 4.5€ per day, per Baby Seat up to a maximum of 54€ per Baby Seat, per contract.
- There is an extra charge for one-way reservations (where pick up and drop off are at different locations). The amount will depend on the origin and destination locations as well as the hired vehicle category, with a minimum charge of € 35 and a maximum of 125 €. One way reservations are not possible between offices located in one of the Canary and/or the Balearic Islands as well as between offices located in different countries. The only exception to this rule is the possibility of making one-ways reservations between offices located on the island of Tenerife.
Click here to get the table with the taxes for One way →.
- If you pick up your vehicle in our Barcelona, Gerona, Reus or Bilbao offices and you wish to travel to France and/or Andorra, it is necessary to take out special cross border insurance. This insurance is also necessary if you pick up your vehicle in our Granada, Sevilla, Málaga, Jerez, Almería or Sancti Petri offices and you wish to travel to Portugal and/or Gibraltar. It is not permitted to travel outside Spain from offices other than the aforementioned. If you plan to drive off the island where you pick up the car –in the Canary or Balearic Islands- you must hire an additional insurance. The cost of all travel insurances mentioned above is 8€ per rental day, with a minimum charge of 20€ and a maximum of 60€.
- In Alicante, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife Sur airports there is an additional local charge of 35€ for all vehicles collected outside office opening hours. Flight numbers are essential.
- Important Information
- The reservation voucher must be presented when collecting the car.
- The following documents are also necessary: Passport or DNI, driving licence and a valid credit card.
- The damage insurance (CDW) does not include damage to tyres, wheel rims, hubcaps, interior of the vehicle, wing mirrors, rear view mirror, car glass, locks, undercarriage, clutch, engine, sump, catalytic converter and radiator. Also not included are battery recharge, loss of keys, towtruck, taxi transfer after an accident, deposit for vehicle replacement and compensation for lost rental days while the vehicle is being repaired. It is possible to take out additional insurance to partially or fully cover these exclusions. Please keep in mind that if you do not hire any additional insurance, you must make a deposit of €300 which will be blocked from your credit card.
- The return of the vehicle more than 59 minutes over the stated end time of the rental contract will generate a charge of 35 € per day plus an extra amount corresponding to the additional rental days, (with a minimum of 35 € and one day rental charge).
- The reservation does not refer to a specific vehicle (make, model, colour, accessories etc) but rather a group of vehicles with similar technical and design characteristics.
- If the vehicle receives a fine during the rental period, you will be responsible for full payment of the fine as well as a 35€ traffic fine management fee.
- Goldcar reserves the right to cancel the delivery of the vehicle in case of doubts about the financial capacity of the client, outstanding debts or any serious incidents with Goldcar.
General Terms and Conditions for Car Rental
The General Terms and Conditions of Rental given below are a part of the Vehicle Hire Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the Agreement) held between Goldcar Spain S.L. with company tax code (CIF) B-03403169 and registered address at Ctra. de Valencia N-332 km 115, San Juan de Alicante (hereinafter Goldcar) and the Customers whose details appear on page 1 of the Agreement (hereinafter the customers).
- PURPOSECustomers receive the rental vehicle described in the rental Agreement in perfect working order, with all its documents, tires, tools and accessories, and undertake to look after them and drive the vehicle in compliance with the Highway Code and the provisions set out in these General Terms and Conditions.
- RENTAL PERIODThe term of the Agreement is set out on page 1 herein and indicates the date and time on which the vehicle must be returned.The rental dates are computed in 24-hour periods, counted from the exact time customers collected the vehicle until they return the vehicle, with its keys and documents to Goldcar. The courtesy period for returning the vehicle is 59 minutes.
The Agreement may never be for a rental period of more than 89 days.
No refund will be made for the days the vehicle is not used in the event that customers return the vehicle earlier than the date specified in the Agreement.
- EXTENSIONSCustomers must return the vehicle on the date and time indicated in the preceding section. For an extension of the rental period, customers must go to the closest Goldcar office to sign an extension document. Agreements cannot be extended by phone or by any other means of electronic communication.The deposit given as surety may not be used to extend the rental period under any circumstance. Goldcar may charge customers a fee for any extensions to this Agreement.
In the event that the Agreement cannot be extended because no vehicles are available or for any other reason, customers must return the vehicle on the agreed date and time to the agreed Goldcar office.
Depending on the terms and conditions in the initial Contract, a new contract may need to be signed when an extension of the rental period is requested. In that case, the new contract invalidates the current Contract.
- VEHICLE RETURNCustomers must return the hired vehicle in its pre-rental condition, together with all its documents, tyres, tools and accessories, at the place and on the date and time set out in the rental Agreement.Customers must not change the vehicle’s technical specifications, keys, equipment, tools and/or accessories, or make changes to its external or interior appearance. Otherwise, customers must pay for the expense of returning the vehicle to its pre-rental condition, without detriment to Goldcar’s loss-of-income during the period the vehicle is not available for rent because it is being valeted, and for any other damages sustained by Goldcar.
- FAILURE TO RETURN THE VEHICLEFailure to return the vehicle on the date and time set out in the Contract authorises Goldcar to charge customers for each day they use the vehicle after it should have been returned. Goldcar will also charge a penalty of €35 for every day of delay to cover the inconvenience caused to Goldcar.Similarly, returning or abandoning the vehicle in a place other than the one indicated in the Agreement, will entitle Goldcar to require customers to pay:
- Rent for each extra day needed to retrieve the vehicle and return it to its pre-rental condition so it can be hired again;
- €35 as compensation for loss-of-income, and
- the cost of moving or towing the vehicle, tolls, and safekeeping and guarding, as the case may be, to the place convened in the Agreement for returning the vehicle, as set forth in Schedule I.
In the event that the vehicle disappears or is not returned, Goldcar reserves the right to bring legal action against the customers before the competent authorities with the full weight and consequences of the law.
A unilateral extension of the Agreement by customers will be considered illicit use of the vehicle, in which case the customers will be held liable for any damage to the vehicle.
- PAYMENTS AND METHODS OF PAYMENT6.1 Payments:Customers undertake to pay Goldcar:
- The charges for the vehicle rental, delivery and return, insurance and taxes set out in the current Goldcar rates (hereinafter referred to as the General Rate), which were made known to the customers beforehand. The initial rate will be conditional on returning the vehicle at the agreed place and at the agreed date and time. The rates may vary depending on the season and the office where the vehicle is hired. Hence, customers are liable for verifying the rate applicable before hiring the vehicle.
- The price of the fuel in accordance with the Fuel Policy set out herein.
- Any other items that may apply to the customers, according to Goldcar’s contract and commercial terms and conditions.
6.1.2 Customers convene that at the end of the rental period Goldcar may use electronic or any other means of payment, without the customers’ express consent, to charge the following items:
- Up to €150 at Goldcar’s discretion for SPECIAL CLEANING when the state in which a vehicle is returned requires a thorough valeting and cleaning.
- Up to €230 for the expense incurred through the loss of a vehicle’s documents or keys, and/or sending a set of keys to the office concerned, in the event of loss, breakage or return of the vehicle’s keys to an office that is not the office at which the vehicle was collected, or for any other situation attributable to the customers in which the vehicle is immobilized.
- The cost of towing the vehicle, if necessary.
- The costs arising from loss, wear or damage to the wheel rims, tyres (including flat tyres and blowouts), tools, windscreens, rear-view mirrors, accessories, the vehicle’s interior, and problems caused by using the wrong type of fuel.
- Any tolls, fines, sanctions, and court costs caused by infringement of highway regulations, laws, rules and by-laws (including congestion charges and restrictions to motor vehicles, where these exist) incurred by the customers during the rental period that have been met by Goldcar.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Goldcar reserves the right to charge the customers an extra €30 for processing and sending notice of the above-mentioned sanctions to the authorities.
- The cost of repairs for damages caused to the vehicle in the event of an accident, in any of the following circumstances:
- The vehicle was not used according to the agreed terms and conditions.
- The accident report form – either the ‘Declaración Amistosa de Accidente’ (DAA or Amicable Accident Report) or the ‘Informe de Siniestro’ (Accident Report) – was not completed and sent to Goldcar in due time, or it is a misrepresentation of the facts.
- The damage done to the vehicle is due to the customers’ miscalculation of the height of the vehicle.
- Extra insurance was not taken out (see section 8).
The amount charged to customers for damages to the vehicle is computed according to the assessment made by an independent adjuster. Alternatively, if an external assessment cannot be made, customers will be charged the amount resulting from a preliminary assessment made by qualified Goldcar staff, according to the rates published in Annex I hereto, which are known and consented to by the customers.
All the foregoing will apply without prejudice to a subsequent settlement and adjustment after an estimate is made by a garage or an assessment is made by an independent adjuster.
Likewise, Goldcar reserves the right to charge customers compensation for loss-of-income owing to immobilization of the damaged vehicle. Such compensation will be calculated on the number of days required to repair the vehicle, established by an independent adjuster or, after the vehicle has been repaired, by counting one day for every eight hours of work invested by the garage and used as the base to quantify the daily rate at which the vehicle was hired. The days the vehicle is immobilized count as days the vehicle was not returned on the convened date, and thus the extra €30 per day set out in the preceding clause will also apply.
Customers’ liability will not exceed the vehicle’s market value, according to the maximum price set out in the Ganvam guide in force at the time of the accident.
6.2 Method of Payment:
The credit card used to make the booking must be submitted by the holder when the vehicle is delivered. The cardholder must also be the vehicle’s main driver. An application must be completed for an additional driver if the cardholder is unable to drive or does not wish to do so.
Payment for hiring the vehicle and any additional items can be made in the currency chosen by the customers. Multiple currency operations are accepted, under the terms and conditions set out by the Bank handling the payment.
- FUEL POLICYWhen hiring a vehicle, customers may choose the fuel policy set out herein that is best suited to their needs:
- ORDINARY FULL/EMPTY OPTION
Customers who choose this option pay for a full fuel tank at the Goldcarfacilities, at the market price for fuel of the type recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer.By selecting this option, customers waive a refund for any fuel remaining in the tank when they return the vehicle.Goldcar provides this service at competitive fuel prices as a courtesy to our customers.
- DISCOUNT FULL/EMPTY OPTION(Only for rental periods of 3 days or less)
Customers who choose this option pay for a full fuel tank at the Goldcarfacilities, at the market price for fuel of the type recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer.Customers are refunded for the amount of fuel remaining in the tank when they return the vehicle to Goldcar, according to the eighths of tank recorded on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.This option only applies to vehicles hired for a rental period of three days or less. The ORDINARY FULL/EMPTY option will apply to any additional days not included in this option.
- ORDINARY FULL/EMPTY OPTION
- INSURANCERates include Compulsory Insurance for the vehicle and Supplementary Civil Liability insurance to cover damage to third parties as a result of using the vehicle.The insurance cover is guaranteed and assumed by Goldcar’s insurance company and is subject to the insurance policy’s general and specific clauses, and current legislation. By signing the vehicle hire agreement, customers accept the conditions of the insurance policy, which are available to customers upon request.
The insurance cover includes damage to the vehicle caused by collision, theft, accidental fire and acts of vandalism, providing that:
- In the event of a collision, customers send Goldcar the full details of the third party and any witnesses before forty-eight hours have elapsed, as well as a completed accident report form (DAA – Amicable Accident Report) stating the number plate, the name and address of the third party, the circumstances of the collision, a sketch of the accident, the name of the third party’s insurance company and, if possible, the number of the insurance policy. The accident report form must be signed by the two drivers involved in the accident. If there is no accident report form, the parties must complete a Claims Report provided by Goldcar.
- The insurance company does not refuse to accept the claim because, at the time of the accident, the vehicle’s driver was not in the physical and mental condition required by the Highway Code.
- The collision, theft, fire or act of vandalism was not the result of non-authorised use of the vehicle as set out in section 10, and
- Customers sent notice of the collision, theft, fire or act of vandalism caused to the vehicle within forty-eight hours of the event, together with the relevant documents (accident report, report to the authorities, etc.).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, THE INSURANCE COVER EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES:
- Damage to tyres, tyre rims, the vehicle’s interior, outside rear view mirrors, glass and underside
- Flat tyres and blowouts
- Damage to the clutch
- Loss-of-income for the days the vehicle cannot be used due to repairs.
- Tow-truck costs
- Battery recharge
These exclusions may be covered in full or in part by expressly taking out a specific insurance at an extra price. The insurance cover and guarantees of the additional insurance are only valid if customers meet the terms and conditions established for the damage they cause to the vehicle.
8.2 Car hire at offices that have special insurance conditions in which, despite all the foregoing being applicable, there is an excess for damage to the vehicle caused by an accident or theft that must be reported to the relevant offices, indicating the amount of said excess.
An additional special insurance may be taken out to lower the excess to zero. Again, the extra insurance’s cover or guarantees will only be valid if customers meet the conditions set out beforehand.
Customers who do not wish to take out such insurance must leave a deposit for the amount of said excess. Goldcar reserves the right to use the said deposit to cover damage to the vehicle as set out in the preceding paragraphs and for any subsequent charges that must be made to customers for any of the reasons set forth herein.
- CUSTOMERS’ OBLIGATIONSIn the event of an accident, customers undertake:
- To send Goldcar the full details of the third party and any witnesses before forty-eight hours have elapsed, as well as a completed accident report form (Agreed Statement of Facts – DAA) stating the number plate, the name and address of the third party, the circumstances of the collision, a sketch of the accident, the name of the third party’s insurance company and, if possible, the number of the insurance policy. The accident report form must be signed by the two drivers involved in the accident. If there is no accident report form, the parties must complete a Claims Report that will be provided by Goldcar;
- To alert the authority immediately if the guilt of the third party needs to be investigated or if anyone has been injured;
- Not to abandon the hired vehicle without taking due measures to safeguard it.
In the event of an act of vandalism, fire, theft or disappearance of the vehicle, customers undertake to notify Goldcar of the event immediately and to report it to the authorities, sending a copy of the report to Goldcar as soon as possible.
- NON-AUTHORISED USEIt is the customers‘ duty to use the vehicle with due diligence, in line with its characteristics, and to obey the current Highway Code, avoiding any situation that might cause damage to the vehicle or to third parties.Likewise, it is the customers‘ duty not to allow anyone other than those authorised under this vehicle hire agreement to drive the vehicle. Customers are liable for any damage to the vehicle or to third parties arising from a breach of such terms.
Failure to comply with the provisions of these sections will be construed as non-authorised use.
Customers are fully liable fordamage to the exterior and interior of the vehicle due to non-authorised use, and must pay any expenses incurred as set forth in section 6.
In the event of prosecution, customers must pay for all court costs and lawyers’ fees, even if the latters’ involvement in the proceedings was not mandatory.
non-authorised use includes, but is not limited to the following cases, given by way of example:
- Pushing or towing another vehicle.
- Driving in areas not suited to public transport, such as beaches, race tracks, forestry roads, back roads, etc.
- Driving on dirt roads and very poorly paved roads that could cause damage to the underside of the vehicle.
- Driving the vehicle in restricted areas, and more specifically on airport roads and other roads for aeronautical and/or military use.
- Negligent behaviour when the vehicle’s indicators show an alert that customers state are known to them when they sign this agreement.
- Transport of goods or animals and, in particular, substances that are hazardous, inflammable and/or poisonous for the vehicle and its occupants.
- The transport of individuals or goods for which the customers receive direct or indirect payment.
- Sub-leasing the vehicle.
- Using the vehicle for unlawful activities.
- Transporting a number of passengers and amount of luggage not authorised for the vehicle concerned.
- Manipulation of the speedometer. Customers must report any malfunction of the speedometer to Goldcar immediately.
- Transport of luggage or any other item on the vehicle’s roof, even when an adequate luggage rack is used for the purpose.
- Damage to the vehicle caused by leaving tempting items in plain sight inside the vehicle.
- Dirtying the inside of the vehicle beyond what would be expected from reasonable and careful use.
- Driving the vehicle when tired, not feeling well and under the influence of alcohol, medicine or drugs.
- Reckless driving.
- Using the vehicle to give driving lessons under any circumstance and/or to teach special driving techniques.
- Driving against the traffic regulations.
- The vehicle is driven by a person who is not authorised to do so in the agreement, as either a customer and/or a supplementary driver.
- Driving a hired vehicle beyond the borders of continental Spain, and vehicles hired in the Balearic or Canary Islands that are not allowed to leave the island where they were hired unless they have express, written permission to do so and the relevant extra insurance has been taken out.
- Continued use of the vehicle after the rental period has ended.
- DRIVING LICENCECustomers must have a valid driving licence recognised in the country where they collect the Goldcar vehicle. Customers are liable for the expiry date and recognition of the driving licence and must not hold Goldcar liable under any circumstance. Customers must be aged TWENTY-FIVE or older and have held a driving licence for at least FOUR years. When these two circumstances are not met, special conditions may be agreed at an extra cost.
- JOINT LIABILITYCustomers and/or authorised additional drivers are jointly liable for the customers’ obligations under this Agreement and the relevant laws that are applicable to same.
- THEFT AND LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGSGoldcar is not to be held liable for items stolen, forgotten or lost inside the vehicle.
- DEPOSITWhen customers sign the Agreement, they must make a deposit proportional to the rate for the vehicle to ensure compliance with the general and special terms and conditions set out in the Agreement. In the event of an extension to the rental period, the deposit must be increased proportionately to the number of days extended.The deposit is returned at the end of the rental period after the vehicle has been inspected and compliance with the Agreement’s general and specific terms and conditions has been verified. For that purpose, the deposit may be retained for up to 15 days after the vehicle has been returned.
- COMPULSORY APPROVED CHILD RESTRAINTSCustomers must notify Goldar when children under three years of age and adults under 1.5 metres in height will be riding in the vehicle so Goldcar can provide an approved restraint, for a fee, for the weight and height of the person who will use it. Customers are responsible for installing the restraint, which WILL NOT BE ANCHORED to the vehicle.
- CANCELLATIONGoldcar reserves the right to early termination of this Agreement, with no compensation to the customer, the instant Goldcar is aware of information that:
- Puts the customers’ good financial standing into serious doubt and their ability to meet the costs set out in this Agreement and any other obligations arising from it.
- Shows that the customers are incurring in a breach of the contract entered into with Goldcar by making non-authorised use of the vehicle as set out in section 10.
- DATA PROTECTIONPursuant to the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data, information society services and e-commerce, Goldcar hereby informs you that your personal data will be added to a computer file kept by this company, whose registered office is at Camino del Campet, s/n. Ctra. N332 Km.115, 03550 Sant Joan d’Alacant, Alicante (Spain) for the purpose of managing the services of the hired vehicles and to give you timely information on our own promotions and products and those of third parties either by email or an equivalent method. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending a letter to the address: Camino del Campet, s/n. Ctra. N332 Km.115, 03550 Sant Joan d’Alacant, Alicante (Spain) or by email to the address email@example.com.Likewise, your data may be disclosed to other companies in the transport and tourist sector who cooperate with Goldcar in current and future promotional activities.
Finally, you are hereby informed that you may access, change or cancel your data by sending a letter to Goldcar‘s Customer Care Department (Dpto. de Atención al Cliente) at the address given above.
- CUSTOMER CAREFor further information, or to send comments, claims or complaints, please address: Goldcar, Departamento de Atención al Cliente, Ctra. N-332 Km. 115, 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Tel. (+34) 965 233 442, or go to the “Customer” section of our website: www.goldcar.es.
- GOVERNING LAWThis agreement is governed by the laws of Spain. Goldcar states their intention of resolving any controversies in a friendly manner. Where this is not possible, any controversies between Goldcar and the customers will be settled in the courts of the place where the vehicle was hired.
- TRANSLATIONThe translations of these general terms and conditions are for information purposes only and are not legally binding. Only the original copy in Spanish is considered legally valid.